Become A Wedding Planner
Becoming a business owner is a popular choice these days as it can provide you with the freedom and flexibility you desire; however, 80% of those new businesses fail in the first two years. The main reasons are:
- Mis-understanding the work a wedding planner does.
- Not knowing how to run their own business.
- Lack of understanding of what needs to be done before launching their business.
- Not understanding their worth and under/overcharging.
Like any career move, it is essential to research the industry you are about to enter. Look at how you are going to run your business. Understand your Big Why and Ideal Client. These are just a few pointers.
It may look like a glamorous industry (and to some extent it is), but it is hard work. Long hours, demanding clients, suppliers with their priorities. Plus all the work of running your own business. Don’t get me wrong; I love both my companies. The responsibility of making someone’s dream come true is unimaginable. It just isn’t for everyone.
Become a Wedding Planner – Make the First Step Today
As well as running an award-winning wedding planning company, I own a coaching company – Mary Cushen Coaching. I love helping others; albeit creating the wedding of their dreams or supporting others to have their own dream business. Being able to see others succeed is a fantastic feeling. My coaching company focuses on marketing and strategy, helping entrepreneurs and small businesses take their business to new heights.
Due to frequent requests, I created a wedding planner course last year, specifically for those wanting to become a wedding planner. It has been through beta testing with feedback and tweaks so you can be confident in the content you will receive. It is now available on my training platform where more courses will be added over the next few months.
To take a look at Wedding Planning 101, see the free previews and sign up, go here.
What does it cover?
Called Wedding Planning 101, it covers all the basics of wedding planning to support your business. This course is for those planning to become a wedding planner or recently launched and feel they are missing something. The topics covered include:
- Big Why and Success To You.
- What A Planner Does and The Titles You Could Use (with their meaning).
- Client Budgets.
- Ceremonies – The different types and where to find up-to-date information on the laws applicable.
- After The Ceremony – Drinks reception, wedding breakfast, evening receptions, ideas, tips and more.
- Suppliers and Sourcing.
- Proposals (quotations) and Consultations.
- The Perfect Emergency Kit.
From time to time, there will be additional extras available. As an example, the bonuses for the May release will include:
- Information on the different types of marquees, including their pros and cons
- Goal setting – one of the most important tasks you need to do well to succeed as a business.
- Canva demo so you can see how to create stunning visuals for social media and creative proposals, all with a free tool.
Want to hear when it’s released? You can register below.
What will it cost?
The course is delivered online via recorded videos, PDFs and templates. This means the cost of the course can be kept down while providing all the information you need to become a successful wedding planner. The course doesn’t include strategy or marketing. However, these are available separately if they are required. You can visit my coaching site for details on the different options available. I decided not to include these topics as, following the beta, everyone’s needs were different so trying to cover everything would put the cost up, making it less affordable.
Wedding Planning 101 has two options – Standard version or VIP. The VIP version gives you a two-hour one-on-one Zoom session to talk about wedding planning or starting your own business. To make the most of the call, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire beforehand. The two hours will go fast if I don’t know what you want to cover before the meeting.
You can pay in full or over two instalments.
- Standard £600
- Standard 2 x £320
- VIP £800
- VIP 2 x £425